Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 19th: D-Day Approaches

Well, we've all received our exit paperwork here at the Disney College Program, and we have to make our decisions about what we're going to do with our futures in 9 days. There's just no getting around it, but there are just so many choices to make that I'm not sure which route to go.

On one hand, part of me really wants to stay working for Disney. They're a really great company with a lot of great resources, and their influence stretches into basically every realm of the entertainment industry. Staying with them and doing solid work could really give me some opportunities to branch out into all sorts of varying fields.

Then again, there are lots of other opportunities out here, and a lot of gaming opportunities are running around. I'm thinking about applying to Nintendo and Square Enix right now for some varying things, but I'm concerned that I won't be able to keep doing game journalism if I work for a gaming company. I really love doing game journalism, but I'd really love to do something like work as an editor for Nintendo...who knows?

Sorry, short post, but I wrote over 2,000 words for NaNo tonight, and I'm going out to celebrate my friend Ellen's birthday! See you all soon!

-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment