Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Welcome to I-NEMO

Alright, so it looks like this is finally getting started...sure, it's over a month into my California experience, but at least now I've got a handle on life and what's going on out here...maybe I'll be able to push out some more solid information now that I've got a grip.

Anyway, for those of you who don't know (I'm not sure who that would be), my name's Josh Boykin, and I was born and raised in Rockford, Illinois. I graduated from Eastern Illinois University in May 2010. Someone asked me what I wanted to do since I'd graduated, and I responded, "I'm going to Disneyland!" And that's what I did.

A bit of clarification: I was accepted to the Disney College Program in March of 2010. That's where I am right now, buried about a month deep into the grind. As you can tell by the background, I've got a bit of an attachment to the "lucky-finned" Nemo...it's a love-hate relationship. I work as an Attractions Host for the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. That means I drive subs for I-NEMO: The Institute for Nautical Exploration and Marine Observation. So far it's a pretty interesting experience...then again, everything in California's an interesting experience when you grow up in Illinois.

Anyway, tonight I'm going to post a video I took a while back of the apartment I'm staying in, just to give you a taste of how they set us up here in the DCP-Anaheim. Hope you enjoy it, and I'll post again soon! Look forward to more videos, pictures, and great information in the future. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the video! Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences. Oh by the way - great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to see those half price tickets from you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fair, I was going to put the first comment in and tell you how great your writing is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Josh...You have no idea how happy that video made me...haha!

    Miss You buddy!!! I'm going to go finish catching up/reading...

    Glad you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete